Tea Tree Oil for Skin Tags – Does It Really Work or Is It a Myth?
You want a 100% natural cure for skin tags, but will it work? The good news is that pure Australian tea tree oil for skin tags gets the job done.
Tea tree oil is organic, easy to apply, and safe to use at home. The majority of people have found that they’re able to remove skin tags with an essential oil as little as 3 to 6 weeks. It also clears up other skin conditions, too, so it’s worth storing a bottle in your medicine cabinet.
Check the latest feedback for Apothecary tea tree oil from previous customers. People have shared real-life experiences, so it’s worth finding out if/how they’ve had success removing skin tags. How long did it take to work? Are there body parts where it shouldn’t be applied?
There are faster ways to get rid of skin tags, but tea tree oil is a safe and effective method. Let’s take a closer look at what this treatment offers.
Table of Contents:
- 1 Understanding Skin Tags and Tea Tree Oil
- 2 What Are the Best Tea Tree Oils for Treating Skin Tags?
- 3 Why Use Tea Tree Oil to Remove Skin Tags?
- 4 Ways to Apply Tea Tree Oil to Skin Tags
- 5 What Are the Side Effects of Tea Tree Oil?
- 6 Does Australian Tea Tree Oil for Skin Tags Work?
- 7 It’s Pain-Free Skin Tag Removal Method
Understanding Skin Tags and Tea Tree Oil
It’s a colorless essential oil that’s extracted from the leaves of tea trees (known as Melaleuca alternifolia), native to Australasia. It should not be consumed orally as it’s toxic, but it’s a proven way of achieving healthy-looking skin.
Many cosmetic and dermatological products contain tea tree oil because of its proven track record when treating medical conditions. That’s why it can be found in many of the best over-the-counter skin tag treatments.
What Are the Best Tea Tree Oils for Treating Skin Tags?
Why Use Tea Tree Oil to Remove Skin Tags?
Does tea tree oil remove skin tags? It’s an anti-microbial and antiseptic. In fact, 100% natural tea tree oil is highly beneficial to the skin and has healing properties.
It should be applied to the area(s) directly. If you have multiple skin tags (a cluster) in the same area, it’s a good option because you can treat the entire infected area of the skin instantly.
Most alternatives require a precise and time-consuming application process for each skin tag. When a process takes longer to complete, you’re more likely to miss out treatments, which slows down the overall recovery process.
Ways to Apply Tea Tree Oil to Skin Tags
Removal Method 1
- Ensure that the area is thoroughly clean and sterilized.
- Soak a cotton ball in the formula and apply it to the skin tag(s).
- Don’t rub the area too hard. Leave it on until the tea tree oil has dried up.
- Immediately cover the area with a bandage to assist with the absorption.
- Repeat this process 2 to 3 times for quicker results.
Removal Method 2
- You’ll need three drops of tea tree oil, four drops of raw apple cider vinegar, five drops of fresh lemon juice, a cotton ball, and a band-aid.
- Mix these ingredients. Once the mixture is prepared, use the cotton ball to apply it to your skin tag(s).
- Cover with a band-aid, leaving it to soak in until the next application is due.
- Repeat this three times a day for the next 3 to 6 weeks to get results.
What Are the Side Effects of Tea Tree Oil?
Depending on the chemical balance of your skin, there’s a small chance that it could lead to irritation and reddening. Because it dries out the area, it might not be a good option if you have extremely dry skin. This won’t be a problem for most people.
- Pro Tip: You can dilute tea tree oil with a small amount of water, jojoba oil, olive oil, or castor oil. If your skin remains irritated after usage, then you should stop using it straight away. Use an alternative treatment, such as the TagBand skin tag removal device.
For most people, applying Australian tea tree oil is effective, and no side effects have been found in studies with pregnant women.
Does Australian Tea Tree Oil for Skin Tags Work?
Most people find that they can remove skin tags with tea tree oil, but how long does it take for a skin tag to fall off? It’s an alternative medicine and is not a miracle cure. You ‘should’ see signs of improvement after about three weeks, but it could take as long as six weeks. Some people won’t get results as we all respond differently.
It’s affordable, and it’s definitely worth using before considering an alternative. For example, it’s worth using tea tree oil for skin tags on the eyelids and around the eyes, provided that you apply it carefully with a Q-tip. As a non-intrusive way of removing skin tags, this is usually preferred to getting surgery, which could lead to pain and scarring.
Why Does Tea Tree Oil Work?
It gradually dries out the skin tag(s). The reduction in size is due to the cells being deprived of oxygenated blood. It’ll turn black and fall off when it’s ready. Remember that it is slower than other methods, such as cauterization or laser therapy, but it’s both cheaper and safer.
How to Get the Best Results
When you treat skin tags with tea tree oil, follow the instructions carefully. Skipping usage will likely delay results. This is one of the main reasons why some people don’t get results. You should avoid missing out on treatments.
It’s Pain-Free Skin Tag Removal Method
Tea tree oil is an alternative treatment for skin tags and a range of other skin-related conditions. It’s antibacterial and antifungal treatment that can remove a skin tag. It’s not going to cause an infection, and you’re not going to bleed or experience any scarring after removal.
Find out more about Apothecary Australian tea tree oil by reading what real customers have had to say. This will give you more confidence, so you’re likely to continue application until you get the results that you want.
You’ll know whether natural tea tree oil is working within about 6 to 8 weeks. Remember that different treatments work for different people, and what works for one person won’t necessarily work for another. We’re all unique, but trial and error will enable you to determine effectiveness.
Tea tree oil for skin tags should be your go-to treatment option if you do want a natural removal method. Australian tea tree oil provides an effective way of treating many benign skin conditions, including skin tags, safely at home. There are also some natural treatments for skin tags that you may wish to explore further.