Top 3 Pain-Free Skin Tag Removal Products That Work (UK Only)
- NOTE: If you live OUTSIDE of the United Kingdom, please visit the Skin Tags Gone homepage. We also have a specific skin tag removal guide for Canadians. Everyone from the UK should continue reading this in-depth post.
Skin tags are small growths that can occur just about anywhere on the body where there are folds of skin. They are benign. Because of this, removing them is a matter of personal choice. However, some people choose to remove skin tags because they don’t look nice.
Removal also depends on where your skin tags are located. Some people may choose to leave a hard-to-find skin tag on their body forever. While others get them on the neck, armpits, near the eyes etc., may want to get them removed. Getting rid of skin tags is a matter of preference.
Skin tags will rarely go away on their own, so they require some type of removal treatment to get rid of them. Thankfully, there are some effective removal solutions on the market. In this article, we’ll cover the three best skin tag removal products in the UK.
If you don’t have enough time to read this in-depth post, CLICK HERE to go straight through to our top pick, which is the Micro TagBand.
Table of Contents:
- 1 Good Reasons for Removing Skin Tags
- 2 Do I Have a Skin Tag?
- 3 3 Best Skin Tag Removal Products UK
- 4 In-Depth Look at the Top Skin Tag Removal Products in the United Kingdom
- 4.1 1. Micro TagBand Device
- 4.2 2. Cryotag Skin Tag Remover
- 4.3 3. DermaTag Skin Tag Removal Kit
- 5 Conditions Mistaken for Skin Tags
- 6 Which Skin Tag Product Should I Buy?
Good Reasons for Removing Skin Tags
- They aren’t aesthetically appealing.
- It has a negative effect on your self-confidence.
- They’re a source of irritation, redness, and pain.
Do I Have a Skin Tag?
- They’re soft to touch, unlike warts.
- Normally skin-colored, but can be slightly darker.
- They hang from the skin by a narrow stalk.
If you’re unsure, please consult a doctor before commencing the removal process.
Also, if your skin tag is irritated or bleeding, allow it to heal first.
3 Best Skin Tag Removal Products UK
In-Depth Look at the Top Skin Tag Removal Products in the United Kingdom
The over-the-counter (OTC) products discussed below are highly effective, but they all work in different ways. It’s important that you adhere to the manufacturer’s guidelines based on the size and positions of your skin tag(s).
1. Micro TagBand Device
One of the best ways to remove skin tags is to cut off their blood flow and circulation. It has become such a popular solution that people have even created home remedies using dental floss to tie off tags. However, that can become somewhat painful and is difficult to do on your own. The Micro TagBand Device eliminates the hassle of tying off skin tags.
- Results can be seen within 10 days
- Easy to apply with no messy creams or gels
- Can be used on small to medium-sized skin tags
Using the TagBand device is much easier than trying to tie off a skin tag on your own. If you have larger skin tags, you may want to purchase the TagBand Skin Tag Removal Device.
The Micro TagBand is designed for small and medium growths, but NOT those really tiny skin tags. If that applies to you, there are other solutions below that will work really well.
Step-by-Step Removal Guide
- The kit includes cleansing swabs. Make sure the skin tag and surrounding area are both cleaned with these swabs before using the device. This will help to reduce the risk of infection.
- Slide one of the included bands onto the top of the cone. It’s easier to do this before you’ve actually placed the cone against your skin. It should be kept toward the top of the cone until you’re ready to apply it.
- Place the cone with the band directly on top of the skin tag. It should be flush with the rest of your skin. This will help to ensure the band will get a firm grasp around the stalk of the skin tag.
- With your free hand, push the remover down the cone. With a little gentle pushing, the band should come off the bottom of the cone and be securely around the skin tag.
- Double check that the band is securely around the stalk.
The Micro TagBand Device comes with ten bands. Once securely in place, you can simply leave it there and it will eventually fall off on its own. You’ll notice over time that it will begin to shrivel and become darker. This is a sign that it’s not getting the circulation it needs to survive.
What Are the Advantage & Disadvantages?
- It features multiple bands, so you can use them on different skin tags.
- Easier to use than at-home tying off solutions.
- The skin tag will eventually fall off on its own when used properly.
- The cleansing swabs help to reduce the risk of possible infection.
- These bands aren’t recommended for use around the eyes or sensitive areas.
- The small to medium size may not be large enough for some tags.
The Micro TagBand is an excellent solution. It blocks their source of life at the core so that the skin tag will fall off after about 7 to 10 days. Once it dies and falls off, it will not grow back. So, you can use the extra bands to remove other skin tags (if necessary).
Check the Price of the Micro TagBand Skin Tag Remover Device on Amazon!
2. Cryotag Skin Tag Remover
The Cryotag Skin Tag Remover is designed to remove skin tags within just one use. It mimics the technology used by doctors in freezing off a skin tag quickly. With this quick freezing process, the skin tag is immediately deprived of blood flow and can fall off on its own in time.
- Precision tip applicator
- Single use
- Freezes the skin tag to the core
Using the Cryotag Skin Tag Remover is very easy, and in most cases only requires one application to work. Follow the simple steps below to use it the right way:
- Twist the applicator stick into the bottom of the cap to secure it in place.
- Press the cap all the way down for several seconds to ensure the applicator is saturated.
- Wait 15 seconds to allow the applicator to reach the proper temperature. Keep the canister upright.
- Gently hold the skin tag with a pair of tweezers, and pull away from the base.
- Apply the applicator to the stalk of the tag for 40 seconds.
After you have finished applying the product, the skin tag should fall off within about two weeks. You can go about your normal skincare routine without any changes. If the skin tag does not fall away within a few weeks, you can safely repeat the process.
What Are the Advantages & Disadvantages?
- It offers an easy, one-time use.
- It is clinically proven to work and is safe.
- Easily targets only the skin tag, not the surrounding skin.
- Comes with several additional applicators for multiple skin tags.
- Can only be used on skin tags that are soft and flexible
- Comes in a pressurized container that could be dangerous around children
Manufacturer’s Safety Information:
- The skin tag must either be located on the neck, chest, underarms, back, or groin.
- The color of the skin tag should be similar to the surrounding skin.
- You should be able to move the skin tag(s) back and forth gently with your finger.
- They must be raised above the skin with a visible stalk.
- You should avoid using this product if you have ever had any type of skin cancer, pre-cancerous lesions, diabetes, poor circulation, blood conditions, or have a weakened immune system.
- Do not use it if you are under the age of 18, or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use on eyes, eyelids, face, lips, inside the mouth, nose, anus, genitals, buttocks, or on any area of irritated, red, or swollen skin.
If you’re looking for a quick and effective way to get rid of skin tags, the Cryotag Skin Tag Remover is a good solution. It can get rid of skin tags without pain and is much more cost effective than seeing a dermatologist for similar cryogenic treatment. Due to the narrowed applicator, it can work directly on skin tags that are 2mm to 6mm in size with precision.
Check the Price of the Cryotag Skin Tag Remover on Amazon!
3. DermaTag Skin Tag Removal Kit
The DermaTag Kit has everything you need to get rid of skin tags. It features several different components, each designed to remove them quickly and safely.
- Specialized formula to remove skin tags within days of treatment
- Easy application process
- Complete treatment system
- You can apply it using the built-in pad applicator on the bottle, or one of the supplied plasters.
- Clean the affected area with a cotton ball before applying the formula.
- Roughen the skin tag up with the emery board before applying the formula. This helps for quicker absorption.
- Apply the formula using one of the direct methods (both work equally well).
- If using the plasters, you can leave it on overnight for extended use.
What Are the Advantage & Disadvantages?
- Everything is included in one convenient kit.
- There are two different application methods.
- Each method is painless and easy to do.
- No recommended for skin tags on eyelids.
- The formula may take longer to work larger tags.
With the DermaTag Skin Tag Removal Kit, you’re getting everything you need to care for your skin tags in one convenient kit. It’s easy to use, and there are enough materials to get rid of multiple skin tags.
Check the Price of the DermaTag Skin Tag Removal Kit on Amazon!
Conditions Mistaken for Skin Tags
- Seborrheic Keratoses
- Liver spots
Unlike many of these types of growths and conditions, skin tags are non-cancerous and do not need treatment unless they are irritating, or they go through notable changes. Noticing any changes your skin tag may be going through is important for your overall well-being.
When Should I See a Doctor?
- Sudden growth
- Redness and inflammation
- Pain and discomfort
- There are odd borders
Skin tags should never go through those changes on their own. Keep in mind that skin tags can grow up to the size of a small grape. However, it shouldn’t be a quick growth that is instantly noticeable.
Which Skin Tag Product Should I Buy?
The products discussed are designed to remove skin tags quickly and safely. They are all successful with many positive reviews, and people ready to share how well they worked. Which product works best for you may depend on the position and how your body responds to the formula/treatment.
You may want to consider the Cryotag Skin Tag Remover. It can freeze any skin tag the same way, no matter the size, and you only need to apply one treatment for it to work.
If you’re prone to skin tags and want a solution that is easy to apply and can be used multiple times, you may prefer the DermaTag kit. It’s a quick solution that has everything you need, so if you have multiple tags, you don’t have to worry about being unprepared.
Our top pick to use on almost any skin tag is the Micro TagBand Device. Each band provides a one-time solution that will get rid of a skin tag within a week. With the extra bands, you can be assured that whenever another skin tag shows up, you can take care of it quickly. It works at the very source of a skin tag, cutting off blood flow and circulation to ensure that it will fall off naturally, with no mess.
We hope this breakdown of the top three pain-free skin tag removal products in the United Kingdom has been helpful for you. You don’t have to live with unsightly skin tags anywhere on your body when you have such easy-to-use products available to you.
You can buy these top-rated products at Boots and Amazon.co.uk.